The Right Way to Wash Your Face
We all wash our faces every day to get rid of makeup, dirt, and oil without putting much thought into it. However, washing incorrectly can lead to dry skin, irritation, and even breakouts. Restorsea Founder and CEO, Patti Pao offers the following tips to ensure proper cleansing:
1. Use a gentle cleanser. Cleansing should remove dirt, germs and excess oil, but anything too harsh will strip away moisture and irritate healthy cells.
2. Don't overdo it. Make sure you wash away makeup, sunscreen and sweat, but dont go overboard with cleansing. Washing your face more than one to two times a day can actually cause your skin to produce more oil and breakouts.
3. Stick to lukewarm water. Water that is too hot can overly dry out your skin.
4. Exfoliate sparingly.You should be exfoliating once or twice a week max. Pao reccommends using Restorsea Reviving Cleanser daily because it contains enzymes that gently exfoliate dead skin cells.
5. Stay moisturized. Use a clean cloth to pat yourself dry but not too dry. Leaving some droplets on the skin helps seal in the moisture when applying moisturizer.
6. Be gentle to your eyes. The skin around this area is highly delicate so make sure not to scrub.
More From Real Beauty: