Smoky eyes don't always have to fade from black to gray. Here's a fresh, pretty plum take on a multi-tonal, smoky eye that's perfectly suited for fall.
Makeup artist Lauren Cosenza tells us how it's done.
1. Coat your lids with a purple cream shadow. "Using your clean fingertip, press a violet-colored cream eyeshadow onto your eyelid from your lash line to the crease," says Cosenza. "Wait a few seconds and then layer the cream shadow to achieve your desired intensity." Model India-Jewel Jackson used Shiseido Shimmering Eye Shadow in Purple Dawn here.
2. Add dimension to your eye. "Apply a deeply-shaded shadow into the crease of your eye and up toward your browbone," she adds. "This instantly adds dimension and depth to your look." India swept on Bobbi Brown's Essentials Eyeshadow in Black Plum.
3. Line your eyes with shadow. "Press a powder eyeshadow in a shimmery reddish-purple hue along the lash line, and use a smudger brush to apply it along your lower lash line," Cosenza says. India swiped on Estée Lauder Pure Color Gelée in Cyber Ruby.
4. Brush on a little shimmery shadow for sparkle. "Pat a coppery, purple-pink shade eyeshadow over the center of eyelids to make your eyes pop," she says. India used MAC Cosmetics Bold and Brazen Eyeshadow.
5. Line your eyes for definition. "Run an eggplant-colored eye pencil along your upper lash line to define your eyes and make them standout that much more," notes Cosenza. India used Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Shimmering Plum.
7. Complement your eyes with a coordinating lip color. "Swipe on a plum-colored lipstick, and then top it with the same eyeshadow shade that you used in step four," says Cosenza. "This combo will give your lips a shimmery effect, similar to the one on your eyes." India layered on Bobbi Brown Essentials Lipstick in Blackberry, and then used her fingertip to pat on the MAC Cosmetics Bold and Brazen Eyeshadow over top.
Finally, flaunt this look on Saturday night. Then, switch up your eye look the next time you and your girls go out by swiping on this ethereal eye look.