Hairstylist Allen Ruiz demonstrates how to make straight hair wavy and get bombshell texture so even your straight-tressed friends can experience the texture revolution!
- Part hair down the center using a rattail comb. Saturate hair with volumizing spray and divide into 1-inch to 1½-inch sections.
- Apply a holding gel to each section and twist around finger to create a cylindrical coil. Continue up the back of the head in a brick-lay pattern.
- Blow dry while scrunching the hair upwards, using fingers as a diffuser. Continue to squeeze hair as it cools.
- Use a ¾-inch clipless curling iron to give more shape to random pieces. Leave out ends for a more modern look.
- Finish the look by breaking up curls gently with fingers for added softness and volume. Spray with hairspray for hold.
More From NaturallyCurly:
Here's a List of Keratin Treatment Brands!
Get Inspiration: Browse Tons of Hairstyle Photos Now.
Get Free Curly Hair Products With Giveaways
Top 10 Professional Curly Hairstyles
I Did a Brazilian Blowout!